Weight loss and nutrition advice
We all know nutrition is important, but it really is one of the most important factors for getting yourself in shape. Building lean muscle is hard enough but you need to start with your food intake.
I provide for my clients weekly balanced diet and nutrition program to follow based on calorie intake depending on requirements. On average female require 2000 calories per day and male 2500calories. However your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rare) is only part of this total requirement, but this may varies depending on your activity level.
My 10 easy tips to help you lose weight and stay healthy
- Decrease fat intake to 30% of total calories.
- Decrease the intake of saturated animal fats of 20% of total intake.
- Eat only LEAN animal protein.
- Eat more complex carbohydrate especially LOW GI.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables.
- Eat more fibre rich food.
- Eat less sugars
- Decrease salt intake.
- Drink more water.
- Moderate intake of caffeine and alcohol.
Alcohol intake appeals to raise HDL High density lipoprotein –good cholesterol by 15% as it contains antioxidants that reduce damage to the artery wall and reduces blood clotting. Moderate intake reduce CHD (Coronary Heart Disease) particular in man and older post menopause women. Safe weekly alcohol intake for man 21 units and for women 14 units.